OUR HISTORY

 

 

Excerpt from the 1994 Annual Report
 

In 1940, Dr. Olive Erickson, a practicing pediatrician whose home and office was on 19th Ave. and Quintara and a member of Norwegian Lutheran Church on Dolores Street [now Golden Gate Lutheran], felt that the children in the Sunset-Parkside area should have a Sunday School closer to home.  Through her efforts, a new Sunday School was formed as an extension of Norwegian Lutheran Church School and met in Dr. Olive's home with financing from the Norwegian Lutheran Church and the blessing of its pastor.  Read the rest here.

 

See more photos and visit our online archive here.